The history of ESN Corvinus goes back to 2002 when Erasmus Working Group was established by AEGEE Budapest youth organization. Year by year the number of incoming exchange students was constantly increasing therefore the working group set up for itself in 2007. In the same year the accession to ESN network was confirmed as well.
Our aims are:
- Supporting the integration of incoming exchange students
- Helping to get acquainted with different cultures via joint events
- Introduce the Hungarian culture via trips and cultural programs
- Setting an example for foreigner universities in running a youth organization like ours
- Increase the reputation of Corvinus University of Budapest among partner universities
- Mobilizing the Hungarian university students
ESN Corvinus structure consists:
- ESN Corvinus Board (president, 2 vice-presidents, treasurer, public-relations responsible
- ESN Corvinus Coordinators (events (2), tandem, partnership, international projects, audiovisual secretary)
- ESN Corvinus General Assembly
About fifty ESN Corvinus members in cooperation with the International Office of Corvinus University are organizing different events in order to reach the above mentioned goals.
Some of our main events:
- Orientation Day and Week
- Sightseeing tours
- Trips to different places in Hungary and also in the neighbouring countries (Prague, Krakkow, Croatia and Ljubljana)
- Cultural programs: museums, theatres, Opera, music nights, exhibitions
- Social events
- Sport and outdoor activities
- And of course lots of parties..